Included in the exhibition are traditional religious icons from the Vasilievsky Monastery.
One of the oldest in Suzdal, the Monastery of St. Basil (Vasilievsky) is located on the outskirts of the city. The complex was established in the 13th century, probably was an outpost of the city fortress. The central structure of the monastery is the Cathedral of St. Basil, built in 1662-1669 on the site of the former wooden tented church. The Monastery of St. Basil was formally established in 1764 and closed in 1923. The buildings and grounds were restored in 1959-1961 under the guidance of architect V.V. Gasperovich. And in 1995, the Monastery of St. Basil was re-established as a monastery for the Vladimir-Suzdal Diocese. Approximately fourteen monks live and serve at the monastery.